baddad

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

I've been working upstairs most of the day, but every time I've been downstairs my nose has been assualted by the most terrible stink... I've been suspicious of the cat all day, but having looked all around for any signs of an 'accident' several times have been worrying about storm drains, dead birds down the chimney etc etc...

Just gone to feed cat and found out what it was - one of the pouches of her wet food in the box I opened this morning was split and had gorn orf... turning to a runny liquid (much like the cat might have delivered had she had an accident) pooled in the bottom of the box.

All cleaned up now, but despite my years in care work dealing with human incontinence - including a VERY messy week when a particularly virulent tummy bug laid low about 50% of the care home (dubbed retrospectively 'the week of the mop and wellies') - it was a right old gag fest :sick::sick: ... and no, I don't mean 'gag' as in 'joke'.

Anyhooo- at least ther cat has cleared her name, and very guilty I feel too for all the sharp looks I've been giving her! I'll be spending the rest of the evening with a scented 'kerchief posey held to my nose, in the manner of Beckus the Dandipratt as GLADE doesn't seem to even make a dent in it (the smell, I mean, not my nose!)...

Poooooooooooooo Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by baddad

We've had this happen in work before. Off cat food is truly the worst thing I have ever smelt! Did it have creatures living in it?

Probably, but none big enough for the naked eye to discern... so no maggitses!

A truly horrendous honk, though, and not one that gives up easily. Faded somewhat now, to a sort of meaty, rancid baby puke sort of smell. I'm hoping it will be gone by morning and not demand the services of an exorcist!

Swop to dry cat food and you'll never have this problem again. :)

Unless a potato falls out of the veggie basket and gets lost for months. Gone- off potato smells pretty yukky as well. :sick:

K x

Swop to dry cat food and you'll never have this problem again. :)

Unless a potato falls out of the veggie basket and gets lost for months. Gone- off potato smells pretty yukky as well. :sick:

K x

Gone off onion can be surprisingly puke worthy too :sick: