Sign in to follow this  
christina_1

Another new member

Hi,

Just a brief introduction. I have 2 children. My eldest is 14 and he is a high functioning Aspergers...very intelligent academic etc but not good on his social skills. My daughter is 11 and has autism. She struggles both in school and socially. Im hoping I will be able to make friends, get and give support and feel Im not alone in raising these 2 special kids..Im a single parent so its been tough going..but i keep positive :)

Hi and welcome.

Im mum to J, ds AS aged 16 and C, dd NT aged 10. I have found 'here' a great place to come for advice and support. Sometimes it can be difficult to know where to turn to.

I too have been a single parent coping alone, so i can appreciate how difficult it must be for you. I'm very lucky to now have the support of a wonderful partner, which helps immensely.

I hope that you find answers here for any thing that's of concern and that you find, like i - that it's really good to know that 'here's' a great place to come when you need support. :)

Once again WELCOME...!!! :D

Hi,

My son (AS) was 12 today - as with yours, he is very academic, but lacks social skills - although he did have 3 friends come to celebrate his birthday, which all went fairly well - he has on days and off days. MY second son (NT)(although he does have dysgraphia)is 9.

We live in France, so all the people we see are French, and it has really helped me to be able to read stories, get advice in my native language.

I hope you find the forum useful too.