Sign in to follow this  
Owens-Mummy

A big hello from new member

Hi

My name is Jules and I have 2 little boys ages 8 and 7 the oldest of which has ASD. The diagnosis has only just been confirmed in April after over 3 years. I feel like I'm having to fight for everything but at last can see light at the end of this long road. I saw the diagnosis as the beginning and it only really confirmed what we had been told and suspected for years. Needed the diagnosis as no one will offer you help until it has been confirmed. In the last few months he now has an OT, Speech Ther, LASC, Link Worker, Social Worker and I am doing Early Bird course in September. Still no TA in school but will go to planning meeting and if they agree in September will take it to panel this Autumn. Fingers crossed. I will be posting lots of questions and hopefully can offer some help along the way too.

Hi

My name is Jules and I have 2 little boys ages 8 and 7 the oldest of which has ASD. The diagnosis has only just been confirmed in April after over 3 years. I feel like I'm having to fight for everything but at last can see light at the end of this long road. I saw the diagnosis as the beginning and it only really confirmed what we had been told and suspected for years. Needed the diagnosis as no one will offer you help until it has been confirmed. In the last few months he now has an OT, Speech Ther, LASC, Link Worker, Social Worker and I am doing Early Bird course in September. Still no TA in school but will go to planning meeting and if they agree in September will take it to panel this Autumn. Fingers crossed. I will be posting lots of questions and hopefully can offer some help along the way too.

Hi Julesthankyou for your advice yesterday it's nice to know others have been or are going through this to,that's disgusting you've had to wait so long,lil sunshine got referred last year December and should be diagnosed by next month,so I've been told. :unsure: he does need to be sorted soon as as he's in a mainstream nursery,and his speech isn't clear unless your around him a lot and get used to working it out,also he doesn't feel pain so needs watching constantly.the way you have to find everything out by yourself and don't get any help is so horrible,it leaves you feeling like your totally alone doesn't it?never mind we've got the forum :thumbs: speak soon.