Tally

Moving House

I can't even remember who I've told what now.

Having said moving house is so stressful I am never doing it again, I am moving house. I already live fairly close to my parents, but I have decided I want to live in the same village now. I am only 10 miles away but it's not a very nice drive, a couple of difficult junctions with poor visibility and some narrow country lanes. When the road is blocked by an accident, you have to take a very long detour.

Also my new job is in my parents' village, the place I am doing work experience is closer, and the university I am applying to is closer to there as well.

I have chosen a house. We are having the survey done tomorrow so we should know soon whether it is falling down! The seller is keen to sell as he and his girlfriend are selling their houses and buying a bigger one together, and his girlfriend has a buyer now. So it looks like it should all go smoothly.

The seller lives with 2 cats. He is not sure whether he can take his cats. So I might have got myself 2 new cats :oops:

I already have viewings booked for my own house tomorrow and the day after. So now I need to keep it just messy enough to disguise the worst bits of the carpets, but tidy enough not to scare people off!

Tally that's great that your moving,it's better to live near your parents,that way you don't have to cook!X :thumbs:

I hope the viewings go well over the next couple of days. As for the cats - take them, go on, you know you want to. :)

K x

I do want to. They are cute and cuddly. I miss having a cat I can actually cuddle! I don't know how Mitzi would take to 2 new cats though. Probably quite badly.

The house purchase was all going fine until yesterday. Unfortunately, the man whose house I am buying may have had his house purchase fall through on Friday. The house he is buying, at 4.10pm they threatened to pull the sale if he did not exchange contracts by 5.15pm. It was planned for us all to do this next week. With no house to move into, he cannot move out of his existing house and sell it to me.

We should hear on Monday whether the seller has followed through with his threat. Hopefully they'll still go ahead and it will still happen next week. If not maybe the man whose house I am buying will find somewhere else quite quickly and I just have to wait a bit longer. I hope I don't have to start again and find a different house.

I've just started an internship in Cambridge. Having spent last week commuting daily from my parents' house in London, I'm moving into digs tomorrow evening. Apparently it will be a 15-min walk to work or 5-min cycle ride across Jesus Green. Hallelujah!

I am moving house next Tuesday :)

The man is taking his cats - this is probably for the best.

Still no buyer for this house though. Only one viewing in the past fortnight. I need to start looking for a new estate agent.

So you can take your cats Tally,that's good then,everything happens for a reason.xxx :rolleyes:

I am in my new house and even slightly organised. It's mostly gone smoothly, except getting my internet connection moved. I think i must be their first customer ever to move house. I was on the phone to them for 2 hours on friday trying to get it sorted! I do have a phone line now, but internet won't be until next week yet. At least i have tuned in the telly tho, i am not completely out of the loop! My cat is very upset though.

Congrats on the move Tally :)

I am hoping to move within the next 6 month to a year (all depends on council waiting list unfortunately) and I really am dreading the actual packing up and moving although very excited by the possibility of a new place. I have been in this house almost 6 and a half years and I feel ready for a fresh set of walls now. This is the longest I have lived in any house since my childhood home and I want to move to the new house and make it the childhood home my kids remember when they are older. I don't want them thinking of 2 different "homes" IYKWIM.

Sounds great Tally bar the lack of internet! I think it'll take your cat longer to get used to than you. We kept ours indoors for at least a month after we moved - they weren't happy but it let them get used to the new house before we let them wandering in a new neighbourhood. Hope you are back online soon.

Lynne x

I am hoping to move within the next 6 month to a year (all depends on council waiting list unfortunately)

Lol less than 24 hours after I wrote that I was offered a council house......weeeeeeee I'm moving. Oh ######, need boxes!