Sign in to follow this  
robo

at what stage do you recontact the Mental heath team

Im still struggling at work im keeping a diary as i have an abilty 2 work assessment, i want to show what sort of problems i have at work. But things are changing to quickly at work and i feel like im up to my mouth in sinking sand. I had contact with CMHT i had CBT and every thing was rosy. If i contact them i will feel like i have failed them but if i don't then i could sink so low that i can't work. last time work put me of sick for seven months i do not want to be off work.

I DON'T NOW WHAT TO DO

I feel so stupid when i discuss problems with my charge hand i feel like a baby winging on.

Robo

Im still struggling at work im keeping a diary as i have an abilty 2 work assessment, i want to show what sort of problems i have at work. But things are changing to quickly at work and i feel like im up to my mouth in sinking sand. I had contact with CMHT i had CBT and every thing was rosy. If i contact them i will feel like i have failed them but if i don't then i could sink so low that i can't work. last time work put me of sick for seven months i do not want to be off work.

I DON'T NOW WHAT TO DO

I feel so stupid when i discuss problems with my charge hand i feel like a baby winging on.

Robo

Hi Robo

If you are recognising signs of relapse then you need to contact them (do you have to go via your GP?). You may just need a few sessions to refresh yourself with the CBT techniques that you learned before - it can be quite hard to keep up with that yourself indefinitely. Everybody struggles sometimes, especially when things get stressful at work, so don't worry about contacting them again.

Do contact them as Mandapanda said. It's their job. They won't judge you and I'm sure they are well used to seeing people like yourself who have good and bad times. Better to get the support now than later when things have got worse and you really can't cope at all to the extent you cannot work.

K x

thank you for your replys im going to contact them today.

let you know how it goes

daniel

Went to CMHT spoke to the person that did CBT he said it sounds like ive got into the circle trap of thoughts he said to try and consentrait on what im doing and talk trough it in my head ie im picking up the screw driver and im going to undo this cable ect. He said see if that helps and to contact him in a weeks time to tell him how im doing, he said im not wasting his time.

I also got a call from access 2 abilty which do the work based assessments i have a meeting on the 9th september.

so things might be ok

thanks

Daniel

Went to CMHT spoke to the person that did CBT he said it sounds like ive got into the circle trap of thoughts he said to try and consentrait on what im doing and talk trough it in my head ie im picking up the screw driver and im going to undo this cable ect. He said see if that helps and to contact him in a weeks time to tell him how im doing, he said im not wasting his time.

I also got a call from access 2 abilty which do the work based assessments i have a meeting on the 9th september.

so things might be ok

thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Well done on getting some advice. Sometimes you may just need reminding of those techniques, or confirmation that you are doing the right thing. Don't be hard on yourself, and make sure you do speak to them again.