Sign in to follow this  
smiley1590

using trains

me ,my dad and twin (deafblind) brother went on train from kettering (where we live) to market harborough which only takes 9 mins to get there on train and straight forward road and walk into town centre my dad is teaching us independence skills to both of us so we know how to use trains where to get off go etc so we know what to expect to prepare us we starting off with a small journey with both of us and working our way to more challenging journeys i would like to try leicester maybe next which is the next train stop along from market harborough then i like to do 2 stops along which is nottingham

i think good plan of action to tackle and then maybe other areas such as skeggie , seaside places with friends and then visit to hertfordshire visit my dad's sister ( my auntie) in stevenage but this be rather difficult complex as requires two changes of train and involves st pancreas and kings cross two busy manic undergrounds and don't know if my disabled railcard applies to these london areas /systems?

trying to build up so get confident secure familiar .... what do you think to this plan?!

i going to get my railcard sorted tomorrow i hope so get this plan going as soon as poss the better as getting bored stiff stuck here doing same thing all time want to get away escape sometimes not be held down trapped!

XKLX

Sounds like a good plan.

Once you are on the train, it is not difficult to stay on it. So once you know how to go one stop, you know how to go a longer way as well.

Kings Cross St Pancras is just one Underground station. They are two separate National Rail stations next door to each other, but just one Underground station. Are you sure you have to use the Underground at all, or do you just have to walk between the two National Rail stations? I would recommend taking someone with you the first time you attempt to use a large station or the London Underground, because it can be a bit overwhelming. Also try to travel outside of rush hour and it will be much less crowded - around lunchtime is best.

The discounts for the Disabled Railcard are a little different on the London Ungerground. But if part of your journey involves the Underground, you can still use the Disabled Railcard when you buy your ticket for the whole journey.

Kings Cross St Pancras is just one Underground station. They are two separate National Rail stations next door to each other, but just one Underground station. Are you sure you have to use the Underground at all, or do you just have to walk between the two National Rail stations? I would recommend taking someone with you the first time you attempt to use a large station or the London Underground, because it can be a bit overwhelming. Also try to travel outside of rush hour and it will be much less crowded - around lunchtime is best.

You don't need to go underground. You go out the door of one, cross the road, and go in the door of the other. :)

I'd avoid St Pancras at lunchtime - people use the eateries for lunch. :eat: I recommend St Pancras in the evening - the roof is amazing! :rolleyes: