Fourthdimension

my experiences are not a product of me, i am a product of my experiences

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that your experiences are a product of you?

• Yes - Of course my experiences are a product of me!
    • No-Not at all - I am a product of my experiences
    • Not sure

my experiences are not a product of me, i am a product of my experiences

I thought this the other day and i felt like sharing it so here it is. We as people dont create our experiences we just experience them and although we might have some form of control of different variable neverthless we cant control them totally.

But the experiences you have make you who you are.

So live life to the full and take the most from every experience

good luck and happy experiences

This is similar to my assignment stuff - part of it anyway - asks why you can line up a dozen people, give them all the same stimuli, environment, etc and they will all have had different experiences despite being in the same situation.

Experiences can be fleeting but can still impact further experiences (negatively or positively), and I think are made up of too many factors to list in depth - but briefly - past, culture, personality, other people can all impact on how an experience is perceived.

Take what I am writing to you now - your experience of it today will not be the same as your experience of it if you read it tomorrow (especially since you'd have already read it).

I think I am a product of my experiences.

I think my experiences are a product of me.

Didn't vote cuz there's never options for die-hard people like me who struggle to say yes/no to something when I know that on another day I will answer something different :lol:

Hope my rambling is of interest :unsure::P

Firstly you might like to look up "kelly 1955 - construct theory" this says that "people interpret and make sense of the world using there own 'special little mini theories' or 'constructs' and if two people are constructs apart but have the same experience they willl interpret it in different ways."

then in "1980 banister and fransella" said " we choose friends from queal or similar constructs which are why they are in tune with us"

then you might want to say that

"byrne 1971" said "that we benefit from been with friends who are like minded and similar because we benefit from social reinforcement (rewards) for there agreement withour believes , mindset etc"

then ' byrne and nelson in 1965 ' said "the higher the similarity the higher the level of attraction although it does not have to be the absolute number of shared values and contradictory experiences can produce negative outcomes'

walster and walster and berschied 1978 -n equity theory - principles 3 and 4 say that people in an unequal relationship will feel distressed and try hard to restore the relationship back to a fair state

i hope that helps with some of your assignment but the real point i was trying to make is that these are all real studies and they all state that by been with like-minded people you will ebnefit and feel better and i really think thats what you need right now. you dont have to wrestle with your relationship to society and try and make it feel fair again nor do you have to feel distressed you just need some people who are like-minded to make you feel good about yourself :)

If you feel your experiences are a product of you then how come your produce of today (todays experience) effects tomorrows faculty to produce tomorrows product ( effect your state of mind and well being of tomorrow and thus effecting tomorrows experience?)

Its just without experiencing i dont see the point of exsisting and so experience must be more complex and significant thenwe give it credit for. its like our brains some people go there whole life without actually realising how lucky they are to have one and how complex it actually is. this is how experience is sometimes peopple experience and dont understand much about it. i mean without experience its hard to imagine life it would be like a void of blackness totally inanimate lol

haha i do the same i change my mind alot. wait till i mention fate and choice ...phew i changed my mind on that lots.

i love your rambling :) i ramble lots so sorry for writting lots haha :)

>:D<<'>

I think I am a product of my experiences because as you say - without experience there wouldn't be anything inside me

But

I think my experiences are a product of me because I have an impact on my experiences

this could be a chicken and egg thing :lol: but basically I guess I'm saying that I think the experience effects me, and then based on that experience I effect future experiences and so on (things like my personality, past, identity for example all effect my experiences - even though my experiences also affected those things too)

2 words

head #### :devil:

Edited by darkshine

I think I am a product of my experiences because as you say - without experience there wouldn't be anything inside me

But

I think my experiences are a product of me because I have an impact on my experiences

this could be a chicken and egg thing :lol: but basically I guess I'm saying that I think the experience effects me, and then based on that experience I effect future experiences and so on (things like my personality, past, identity for example all effect my experiences - even though my experiences also affected those things too)

2 words

head #### :devil:

Your right haha it could be a chicken egg thing haha

lol what does the second word say lol i honestly cant figure it out haha :):lol:

Firstly you might like to look up "kelly 1955 - construct theory" this says that "people interpret and make sense of the world using their own 'special little mini theories' or 'constructs' and if two people are constructs apart but have the same experience they willl interpret it in different ways."

then in "1980 banister and fransella" said " we choose friends from queal or similar constructs which are why they are in tune with us"

What's queal?

then you might want to say that

"byrne 1971" said "that we benefit from being with friends who are like minded and similar because we benefit from social reinforcement (rewards) for their agreement with our beliefs, mindset etc"

then byrne and nelson in 1965 said "the higher the similarity the higher the level of attraction although it does not have to be the absolute number of shared values and contradictory experiences can produce negative outcomes"

walster and walster and berschied 1978 -n equity theory - principles 3 and 4 say that people in an unequal relationship will feel distressed and try hard to restore the relationship back to a fair state

i hope that helps with some of your assignment but the real point i was trying to make is that these are all real studies and they all state that by being with like-minded people you will benefit and feel better and i really think that's what you need right now. you don't have to wrestle with your relationship to society and try and make it feel fair again nor do you have to feel distressed you just need some people who are like-minded to make you feel good about yourself :)

What if you don't have any like-minded people to be with, let alone friends?

Edited by Aeolienne

Lol spelling mistake it meant equal :) sorry

I just mentioned about not having like-minded people as friends in another post with darkshine and mentioned what i was thinking about doing to find like-minded people but i ran out of ideas. I think its posted in the topic aspie quiz.

i like your name :) it sounds latin :) when i see it i get reminded of aelius which is one of the emperoror hadrians names and in AD122 he built the fort over looking the tyne in my local city :)

I tried to learn latin but i think these use to many vowels so its hard to remember lol

i like your name :) it sounds latin :) when i see it i get reminded of aelius which is one of the emperoror hadrians names and in AD122 he built the fort over looking the tyne in my local city :)

In fact it's French, being the feminine form of the adjective for wind energy (energie aeolienne, parc aeolien), which in turn comes from the name of the Greek god of the winds Aeolus!

I tried to learn latin but i think these use too many vowels so it's hard to remember

Not nearly as vowel-rich as some other languages. Apparently Finnish has a word jäääärn which is the record for the longest string of vowels in the Roman script, or something like that.

wow i thought i knew a suffice amount about mythology but never read about Aeolus but your right he was the ruler of the wind lol. I would never have guessed it was french lol :) I think latin has a sort of mystique about it.

I think the same is with Icelandic they have pretty long words as such and so does some romanian words :)

Those were interesting facts thanks for sharing them. :)

Have you ever heard of mithras? It was i think a persian god that the romans adopted. so like they would conquer somewhere then to prevent upheaval of the conquered populace they say "hey :thumbs: you know this guy too :ninja: < :oops: sorry for killing your family that was a mistake :tearful: lets not fight >:D<<'> how about you just do our slave work :) just let us do the important stuff n do as we say :) sound good? :unsure: great ...come on then no time for standing around get my dinner :dance: "

and then adopt the god into there believe to show they have some similarity so that they dont rebel as much and we have a mithras temple near newcastle one of only a few in europe and i always use to Romanticise about this strange oddity so far away for home. use to imagine it was a grand monument but then when i went and seen it . I realised it was a pile of rocks in the middle of a wet field :) lol

Edited by Fourthdimension