Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Eurgh!!!!

Dirty washing doesn't exactly smell like roses, does it, but for the last week or so I have been vaguely thinking that ours smelt a little more rank than it ought to do. I was unable to find the source of the odour until I emptied it completely this morning and found at the bottom...

a dead mouse.

:sick: :sick:

Now I'm hoping a really hot wash will be enough to purge the smell of decaying rodent from our clothes.

I don't even want to think about how it got in there. We have a cat. :unsure:

K x

:lol: :lol: Yum. It's obvious how it got there - it was eating the cheese. You really shouldn't store cheese in your laundry basket you know. :shame:

But you're right - hot washing the mouse should stop it smelling... :unsure:

Hi,

That takes me back. Years ago I was living in a bedsit in Lewisham, and couldn't work out why my bed smelt funny. I narrowed it down to the pillows - so bought new pillows - no luck. I even thought it was me, and started bathing 2 - 3 times a day. Eventually, I found a dead mouse in the bottom of my pyjama case - I'd been putting my jammies back on top of it every day, and placing it on my pillow!! I felt ill for a couple of days after that!!

Now I live in the countryside, it is not unusual to find a dead mouse in the garage - or sometimes the dog will bring me a dead dormouse or a vole - and now I can deal with it!! But that smeall is still not good!!

Hopefully you have a nice day where you are, and give your washing a nice blast of fresh air after it's hot wash.

Diane

:lol: :lol: Yum. It's obvious how it got there - it was eating the cheese. You really shouldn't store cheese in your laundry basket you know. :shame:

But you're right - hot washing the mouse should stop it smelling... :unsure:

I think Kathryn meant the clothes not the mouse, LOL!

I suppose you could wash the mouse and put it back in the basket or something as a halloween decoration, idk...

we had the attic converted about 3 years ago or something into a storage space and a hobby type room where the model trains are....

every now and then we find loads of bird droppings over stuff, the first time we investigated we found a rotting sparrow. they manged to get in through the eaves....

so if we see bird droppings (which we clear up anyway) we normally know something died in there...