Sign in to follow this  
dekra

Imaginative play!!

Just so buzzing with excitement at the moment I had to share!

I had my fob watch lying on the table and Finn picked it up and was trying to put it to his tummy, I think he thought it was a stethoscope.

So I ran up stairs and grabbed the freebie stethoscope I got a few weeks back from my bottom drawer and showed him. He immediately lifted his t shirt so I could listen to his heartbeat then with a little help he tried to do mine. Not sure if he heard anything lol but that's not the point, the point was he was having imaginative play and was saying he was Dr Finn so he was able to relate the stethoscope and Dr's. So now he has the fob watch and steth :):)

If it isn't the very first it's close to the first and it's certainly the best example I have seen of him having imaginative play of any sort. I'm over the moon!

Love moments like this they are such major breakthroughs!

We found when my son Leo (now 4) did this the first time, it started a snowball of events and it meant more imaginative play for him, but also for us to play with him

May you have many more moments like this.

By the way I know that feeling of bursting with excitement when these things happen

LisaKaz

That's absolutely lovely! :thumbs: Here's hoping there's many more 'lightbulb' imaginative moments for you and your little lad :thumbs: