Sign in to follow this  
Fudge

ASD Support Groups - GLASGOW

Hi all...

Does anyone know of any support groups that my hubby and I could attend in Glasgow.

As posted previously , we have a son who is 10, going to high school next year and we feel his behaviour (presumably due to puberty) is becoming more pronounced and his anxiety levels increasing dramatically....

We need to speak to others to provide any support and assistance.. My husband especially is finding the diagnosis and lack of support, post diagnosis, very difficult.

We feel exceptionally let down by the NHS. All that money spent on assistance for drink/drugs and very little for our children... our futures...

Sorry, quite angry and frustrated at the moment....

Fudge xx

Hi, I can understand how you feel my son who is 12 hasjsut been dx with aspergers we dont have much locally to us for help etc....have to travel so thats not an option....im from scotland lived near glasgow in paisley now in south wales .....im happier now with dx as we can move on and read more about it ....if you look online you might find something to help you nearer to where you live....lindy

Have you contacted the NAS in your local area? They would probably be the best people to approach initially. I am on the NAS mailing list for our area - Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire - and I am sent information about events and groups. Most of these are aimed at support for parents and their children with spectrum conditions so it may well be a similar scenario in your area too. If you have any Carers Support centres in your area, they may also be able to provide you with information about support and/or support groups in your area. These may be quite informal groups which provide peer support.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Try Autism Scotland rather than NAS - they are based in Alloa and will have better knowledge of Scottish services in general I would think.

Try Autism Scotland rather than NAS - they are based in Alloa and will have better knowledge of Scottish services in general I would think.

Thanks so much, will give them a try also!!!!!

f x

Sorry Fudge - not my area at all. However, have you seen the Scotland thread pinned at the top of the Education section of this forum? It was compiled by one of our Scottish members -(thanks Pookie! :notworthy:) There is a list of links to further information and support and you might find something useful in there too. :)

The direct link is here:

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/Index.php?/topic/20379-sen-in-scotland/

K x

Edited by Kathryn