Sign in to follow this  
Tally

My mum is a star!

My mum is 58 years old (don't tell her I told you that bit) and she has just completed a 404km cycle ride across Sri Lanka, followed by a swim in the Indian Ocean! She was cycling in aid of the International Childcare Trust (ICT) and in memory of David. David did the same ride a few years ago, and more recently he also cycled in Cambodia with ICT. A couple of friends David made cycling with ICT joined my mum on the ride.

Whilst everyone else is coming home to England on Sunday, my mum is going on to India for work and won't be home for another fortnight.

You can see more about the ride here: http://www.ict-uk.org/Events/cycle-sri-lanka-2011

If you click on the Final Itinerary link, it opens a PDF file with more information about the distance and the HILLS!

She sure is, Tally, you must be proud of her. :thumbs: Is this the first time she's done anything like this?

I think I would find it daunting, and I'm younger than her. I rode around Carsington Water in Derbyshire and that was about my limit!

K x

My mum is 58 years old (don't tell her I told you that bit) and she has just completed a 404km cycle ride across Sri Lanka, followed by a swim in the Indian Ocean! She was cycling in aid of the International Childcare Trust (ICT) and in memory of David. David did the same ride a few years ago, and more recently he also cycled in Cambodia with ICT. A couple of friends David made cycling with ICT joined my mum on the ride.

Whilst everyone else is coming home to England on Sunday, my mum is going on to India for work and won't be home for another fortnight.

You can see more about the ride here: http://www.ict-uk.org/Events/cycle-sri-lanka-2011

If you click on the Final Itinerary link, it opens a PDF file with more information about the distance and the HILLS!

Hi,You must be so proud of her ....my husband cycled to portugal from wales raised money for the childrens centre in our local hospital he didnt know at time that he would ahve a son who had to use the centre to get dx of aspergers.......he knows about the hills we live in south wales and you cant go many places without goign up or down a hill .......lindy

My mum is very fit, but this is the most ambitious ride she has ever done. She has had to train very hard. A lot of people have been really encouraging, but ultimately it's my mum who has done the hard work.

It was her way of feeling close to David, visiting some of the places he did and experiencing the same challenges he did.

I am really proud of her and David would have been so impressed.