Lyndalou

Strange Coincidence?

How very weird....

I had an imaginary friend when I was 11 (that's not the weird bit :whistle: ). Thing is, he was off a children's programme airing when I was a kid. Just through curiosity, I've looked up information on the show and have seen the young actor's real name (I called him by his screen name). It is almost exactly the same as my first boyfriend's name (I never got over him for years) with only one letter of difference! Is that not the weirdest thing??? :blink::wacko::unsure:

Thats not weird about you having an imaginery friend from a tv programme.I was a lot weirder then that lol do you know peach from the Mario brothers well i use to think she was my wife and go around talking to her and i think as i grew older i dare say 14 i imagined well enacted my imagination of erm..well having sex with her. All this would be understandable if i had a mental dysfuntion or abnormality however i honestly don't apart from aspergers or social anxiety and a misanthropic view maybe even a slight chemical imablance causing maybe well not depression and i would nt refer to it as bi-polar but i would explain it as a fluctuation of emotions. I dont mean to seem insane or come across as annoying or need sectioning nor do i want to seem arrogant or egocentric when i say am intelligent or at least of average intelligence. I'm just trying to say its not weird that you done that. Imagination is a powerful tool , an invisible trap or a glimpse of the future. We can create a subjective experience of almost anything and its nothing to worry about.

Darkshines right when she says it depends on how common the name is and also we find names attractive , its hard to believe but we prefer some names over others and names that we dont like we can thing negativelty of. So i guess that would mean that names that we are fond of or attracted to we create a more positive piccture of and that would result in social or intrapersonal attraction and whatever follows from there.

I don't dismiss the paranormal. I'm really spiritual. #i believe that the paranormal can be thought of as a cause when there is no rational explanation. I dont believe in coincidences because if something happens . that it just happens then its insignificant but nothing is insignificant every thing happens for a reason, a cause or a lesson.

Sorry , i didn't mean to write a serious reply or for it to sound that way. Am just in a better mood than i was before.

Take care

Edited by Fourthdimension

In the last few days I made a reference to the "Aikman information criterion" in a discussion on the Institute of Mathematics & its Applications' LinkedIn page. There is no such thing - I should have said the Akaike information criterion.

What's the significance of Aikman? Well, it happens to be the name of a bar/bistro in St Andrews. I suppose I must have gone there at least once during my studies, although I didn't encounterthe AIC until at the workplace as recently as 2010!