Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

description ?

Hi just a thought while im reading the postings of the day.I was really brassed off today (polite way of putting it) My husband has recently lost his job and anyone who is recently unemployed knows that you have to ring them now and they take a few details then they ring you back a couple of days later.While they rang dh they ask all the questions to save you having to fill the form in .They were going on about siblings etc does anyone have a disability and recieve DLA yes kieran does, how old 19, does he work No he his on sickness because of being autistic i thought that was fair enough explanation. The actual printed out forms came yesterday and i was going through them like you do and when it came to the section on kieran and his DLA in the Disabilty answer they had put Mentally Impaired! yes maybe he is but i didnt like it put in so cold terms and im sure if i challenged their reasoning it would probably be that it was a sub catergory used for their terms for different disabililties. Anyone? lynn

Your son is Autistic and that is an officially recgonsied diagnosis. To the best of my knowledge being mentally impaired could mean any number of things that your son has not got. I would certainly challenge this. It's left a nasty taste in my mouth.

>:D<<'> Carole

Edited by carole