Sign in to follow this  
smileyK

my mum - major/serious back op

my mum got serious /major back operation/surgery on thursday she got go in hospital in morning early she such nervous anxious wreck she scared and so would i be having that kind of surgery done!!! she got to have metal rode put in her back as her spine wasting away her back getting worse day by day! she can hardly stand anymore do anything she so frustrated /annoyed with sItuation as it is!

so hope this worth it been told this could prolong the worsening of other parts of her spine going! but last few years then another area will need doing above it as weakens further point above as can't replace whole spine unfortunely! i hope pain after the operation will be worthwhile in long run! and she'll be pain free

i just hope make her physically 'free' more active get her life back bit ... without being in pain all time!

she got ring up hospital tomorrow make sure got bed space for her still!!! she had postponed once as her consultant broke his leg week or so before my mum's surgery was due on 20th oct she so disappointment! she build herself up! bless her!

my mum going to find hard struggle not doing 'anything' just sitting which isn't something my mum does at all isn't who my mum is! she can't lift anything heavy kettle hoover ...!!!

literally going to 'kill' my mum watch us 'try do her jobs' she'll feel helpless dependent she hates the lack of control! lol my mum stubborn think going to be 'fun' in more one sense of word! she doing all 'her jobs' before she goes in give us head start ( my dad mainly) ironing washing etc

we ( me and my brother) going up to see my mum on friday my dad going see her on thursday my mum said she going to be 'out of it' too physically ill sick most of thursday she may ring us depending how bad she is whether she up to it!

XKLX

My mum had original date for major back operation / surgery was postponed (20 th October) postponed due to consultant falling over and breaking his leg my mum due to go in hospital tomorrow have it finally done she just rang up hospital see If got bed for her they unsure if operation will go ahead as where weather been slippery icy stacked up with people broken bones taken up beds so hospital ring sometime tomorrow let her know what going on she now on standby for bed it horrid fate luck she now stuck in limbo she can't stand for long at all now due to her spine! Awful! Disappointing! :( She built her hopes up then they dashed just got wait and see what tomorrow brings!!!

Don't ###### believe this pure bad luck/ fate ..  Mums been sent home had all routine checks BP weight were fine was in her Gown stockings everything! When consultant assistant came informed my mum that theatre time for her consultant run out to perform her operation assistant told my mum to attend appointment in 2 weeks we don't know what for! Gr! So angry annoyed upset can't imagine what how my mum feels! My dad writing letter of complaint to hospital! :( 

So do we she been waiting years for this! So unfair cruel twist of fate we all prepare as can be that bad news keeps coming hitting you! So hard on my mums emotional state up and down when she got depression on tablets for it this not going to help matters!

my mum went to see her consultant at his clinic today at the hospital this morning she was told her appointment date for her back surgery is now monday 5th march she doesn't know what time yet as waiting for official formal letter from hospital though the post our post hit and miss sometimes get loads sometimes get nothing at all it is odd weird strange! hopefully 3rd time lucky and this one does get 'bumped' cancellled or postponed again as awfully disappointing /frustrating!!! hopefully this goes ahead without a hitch in sight would be nice for it to go to original plan of action!!!

:thumbs:

XKLX