Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Glen's Review Meeting

Hi guys, hubby and I are off to Coventry today for Glen's 6 monthly review meeting. It has been snowing there overnight so hope we manage to get to the residential home ok. I will let you know how the meeting goes. Adult social services are attending as Glen will be 18 in April, which is when they will take over. All professionals involved are recommending Glen stay where he is for the forceable future which is good reassuringly news so hopefully this will be the case. :D

Recently the home have converted one of their rooms into a sensory room for Glen to go into when he needs time on his own, when he is particularly anxious etc, so far it is working out really well, I'm so pleased they have done this for him.

Edited by JeanneA

Hi the meeting went well, we got there eventually after 2 hold-ups on the way due to accidents

Glen has progressed since he first went there back in May. The funding has still yet to be finalised though for when he reaches 18 in May. I do hope it all goes through ok so that he stays where he is and then goes into the home they have for 18 - 25 yr olds which is only about a 15 minute drive away from where Glen is now. He knows that home very well as has been there many times now. Both Glen's social worker and a representative from adult services were in attendance. So I now have to wait to hear back from them as to whether funding will be given, otherwise adult services will have to look at homes in Essex (where we are), but we know already that there are no suitable homes that could cater for Glen's complexed needs. So I just hope and pray everything works out for Glen's benefit. I will keep you all updated. Keep your fingers crossed for me & Glen please, thank you :D

Glad the meeting went well, Jeanne, fingers crossed for the funding. Is Glen still coming home for regular visits? How's that going now?

~ Mel ~

Glad things went well at the review meeting and hopehis transittion to "adult" and all the related issues is as easy as possible for you all.

Hi thanks so much for your replies. Glen comes home every 3 weeks for the weekend. It is going better now than it was, he seems more settled than he used to be when he comes home which is good. Yes dekra I do hope the transition to adult services happens very quickly, Glen is 18 in less than 7 weeks now so not long to go!