Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

Blooduk...

Blooduk, as the other thread was deleted for it's enflaming content mid-way through me writing my reply, I decided to post it here.

This sounds more like a personality disorder than any Autism(I know of none who have problems with criticism, but they do get irritated by repitition in criticism when they believe it has already been addressed). The list of traits you gave is slightly misleading; it is someone's opinion of what they see when they look at an Asperger person, not an objective observation though.

I believe that if you are Autistic at all, you also may have something called Semantic Pragmatic Disorder which often goes hand in hand with it. I'll explain.

I don't think you are racist, I think that you just think you are but your limited ability with langauge means the easiest way to express frustrations is with the prejudice paradigm. SPD means a difficulty in expressive langauge.

You say:

i dont many like blacks because of the music and the stupid way they walk

like they think they are hard, and those stupid baseball caps, hood and the way they brung BLING over to the uk.

But Autistics I know(I am one) are very good at comparison processing: comparative logic tells you that very few black people actually fit the description you give of what you don't like and there are white people who do fit it. What happens with SPD is that the person accidently opts for Association over Comparison.

People associatethat kind of flamboyance with black people(this is the media's fault), but Autistics are not very good at dealing with associations, we do comparisons. So when an Autistic opts for association over comparisons, they always end up mis-communicating.

You actually don't like that sort of flamboyance, but because the association with black people is so strong, the langauge of racism is easier to use to express it even if you're not racist.

You've had some trouble understanding what you mean it seems, you said you have some black friends.

Have you read George Orwell's 1984? In that book, the party who rule everything ban the use of certain langauge as a means of mind control. Orwell called it 'Newspeak' and it does have a strong psychological basis.

I reccomend you read newspaper columnist articles; they provide you with langauge that allows you to express yourself a bit more thoroughly. I particuarly like ex-Trotskyist Peter Hitchens.

This is called 'scripting', you may find that you borrow langauge which you hear recently and then tend to use it quite a lot to help you articulate something

Thankyou ever so much, what a good read and nice info... its a shame i had the post

removed and was just branded a RACIST i was expecting help here and guidance by

atleast the staff ive hit so many walls without any help.

Finnally in all my years u have explained it

thankyou

Yes, what first alerted me to the probability that you were not racist is that you expressed more distaste for what people do, not who they are.

A racist hates a certain person because of who and what they are or where they are from, not because of what they do.

It is not discrimination to take out an ASBO on the chanting Hare Krishna's next door if your reason is the noise, not because you just don't like 'those types'.

A racist begins with a prejudice and then tries to justify it, but you immediately knew what you didn't like and it was abstract from the matter of colour and religion, there was a degree of seperation.

On association: I recently paid for my shopping with my bank card and as the checkout lady was staring blankly into space and I was left hold my card at arm length for over ten seconds, I eventually said "Come on, this is getting heavy!".

I had mis-communicated and said something unintentionally funny because I associated holding something for someone to take for too long with the object getting heavier, but a comparison would have informed me that the weight of my bank card is negligable and what I said wasn't exactly correct.