Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

glen coming home for the weekend

Hi Glen's coming home tomorrow for the weekend. Really looking forward to seeing him again. I've spoken to care home staff and have been told Glen has had a very settled week which is always good to hear! i will let you know how the weekend goes. :balloon:

Hi Tally everything is always low keyed when Glen is here at that is best for him. He likes to relax and watch dvds etc He also likes car rides and going to a 'quiet' shop to pick out a treat :D

Glen's brother and sister are coming round to see him tomorrow for a little while.

Glen enjoys going on his swing in the garden also, I hope all goes ok the last visit went well but Glen has been anxious on visits before.

Hi Glen has been quite settled on his return, although a little anxious at times but we got through it. Glen has smiled so much I haven't seen as many smiles in a very long time, it even brought a tear to my eye. :tearful:

We have done quite a few activities together which is nice. Glen settled in bed at 9 tonight so hopefully he will sleep to a reasonable time in the morning. I hope tomorrow goes ok I am a bit anxious about it as Glen's older brother and sister are coming lunch time they are bringing sandwiches, cakes, drinks etc in celebration on Mothers Day on Sunday which is very nice of them but I like to keep things very low keyed and I know Glen would prefer it if he could eat his lunch on his own or just with me, he never eats much when anyone is here thats why I rarely have any visitors when Glen comes home. I will take Glen out for a car ride in the afternoon once my other son and daughter have left so I know Glen will look forward to that. :-)

The weekend went really well. I am feeling a little sad this morning as I miss Glen so much since he went back yesterday afternoon. Glen was more relaxed/happy this time, he was giggling so much it was lovely to see. I think it was the best 'home visit' since he has been in the care home, which is coming up for a year soon!

Glen will be back home soon for his 18th birthday on April 6th, so not long to go, really looking forward to that. :-))

Fabulous to hear and at least you're sad for all the right reasons. It won't be long until he's back again and, until then, you can relax in the knowledge that he is happy and doing so well.

~ Mel ~

Thanks Oxgirl yes it is nice to relax in the knowledge that Glen seems to be doing well now. :))