Special_talent123

My guitar

My guitar strings are getting fixed at the music shop, I have this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Beginners-Music-Minna-Lacey/dp/0746090005/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332618625&sr=1-1#reader_0746090005

which is easy to read, it has pictures and my level of understanding. I am a visual person so books have to be in pictures, the only thing is this book is song rhymes, which is not my age although i have it. I am at a beginner level, but good at picking up on guitars than a keyboard. Does anyone know an appropriate book that looks similar too that.... books that say things in pictures

Special-talent we all have different learning styles and I am also a visual learner. I think we are only now starting to recognise that there are a number of different learning styles and this will filter through in time. The problem i find is that for many adults books have to be 'serious' for them to have any value and that something laid out like this must be a kids book, what a load of old rubish.

I can remeber being on a Garden Design degree course and as someone who is very good at technical type drawing I would be asked privately could I help other students as they saw this as a weakness, many offering to pay me to teach them, which I never took up. Instead I would 'quietly' lend them a couple of very good books on how to draw, which they would borrow for a few days to learn some basics and not too basic stuff from, they would then 'quietly' hand the books back to me. The books were very visual with easy to understand text, some might even consider them 'kids' books. What I do know is that over half of the course borrowed those books from time to time to improve their skills on the quiet. We did of course have 'adult' type books on the reading list but people found them far too complex and offputting though their core content was no different.

Totally get what you are saying a good book is one which does the job, it either informs or entertains, and that looks like a very good book Special and has made me think I need to get my own guitar out, not played it for a few years and guess it will also need re-stringing.

Sorry miss read what you were saying first time around. Answer no I don't know of one.