Dijac

Diagnosis today

Hi,

Well we went for Will's diagnosis today and they said yes, he has Aspergers. We were quite relieved as a speech therapist and psychomotrician (not sure what that is in English) had told Will they didn't think he had it, that he was just 'gifted'.

Well the psychiatrist and psycologist obviously over ruled them and he has his diagnosis.

He was a bit stressed - I think he was worried thye'd say a lot of negative things about him, but when she was telling him about his high IQ he got more interested. He'd also been worried he'd miss his latin class, and when he realised we'd nearly finished so he could go back to school, he was a lot happier.

Not sure what will happen next - will wait and see.

Diane

congratulations on your diagnosis

Thanks - Latin is his favourite subject right now. They didn't offer it when I went to school (in Basingstoke, quite a few years ago), but it is offered as the norm here in France. They do the history of that era too, and he loves that.

He has been a bit agitated today - he'd told me before he believed he had AS, after he'd read up on it on the internet, but now the actual diagnosis is in, I guess it is taking him a bit of time to accept.

Diane