Sign in to follow this  
desperate

exclusion overturn

Hi all

Well Neil is eventually going to go back to school next week. He's going for three days , and then the following week for four. He should then be back full time next term.

All this after an overturned permanent exclusion still left him at home. The school wanted him to go back in September. He hasn't been since the 9th May.

I have ranted and raved at the LEA and finally threatened to take it to our solicitor.

Hopefully he'll manage to settle there again and the staff will be ok with him.

fingers crossed

What did the tribunal say about his reinsatement? They can say anything from; he starts back tomorrow to setting up a staged return. If they said nothing about how his return was to be managed I can't see why the school have been dragging their heels. If they did set a timetable, it ought to have been made available to you and, followed!

As for staff attitude toward him on his return, there should be no 'attitude'. The school policy (as I understand it) was in the wrong. He was excluded for a very minor infringement. The rules and policy were as much to blame for this situation as anything. If, and it is pretty unlikely, there are any reprecussions - jump on them!

As you say, fingers crossed he will have a happy return to school. Let's hope so. Good luck.