iceburg

Car wheels

Im attracted to looking at car wheels as they rotate and try to slow it down and see it frame by frame. , sometimes im drawn to them and find it fascinating even though i know its pointless.lol. can you relate? im a probable aspie.

Edited by iceburg

I think some of us have a brain set up which can make visual recognition a real strength in our lives. I also believe that there are other areas which are a real weakness for me part of compensation processes when we are young. I have never been fascintaed with car wheels but anything mechanical has a bit of a draw if is moving fast. If we are good at something it is only natural that we explore its potential and test ourselves, that is what I think you are doing.

I know for example as a senior qualified cricket coach I have used this skill a lot. I can for example watch live cricket and see very clearly what is happening in detail beyond most people. The same is true of watching live sport on the TV a favorite being rugby. It is very rare I get a decision wrong when I make a call before they go to the video ref. I can easily describe what has happened before we go to a dozen or more run throughs in slow motion from three or four angles. For me it was if I see the events in high deffinition slow motion all the time.

I think there are a lot of things like this which are autistic traits which we for large parts of our lives see as normal behaviour for us, its only when we see other people can not do this do we start to question ourselves and what we can do. I still think for example why didn't the referee see that but then again I really know they probably didn't and was trying their best, just a case of in some aspects of life our best effort might quite a bit better than average.

I love it when certain ones do that thing aeroplane propellers do - where for a few seconds it looks like its going the wrong way, then picks up speed and appears to be spinning the right way again :bounce: