smileyK

is this possible?

can you get withdrawal symptoms from not exercising if used exercising everyday??? as when have day off from gym/swimming.jogging/zumba class feel so much guilt feel bad inside voice inside my head pushing me forcing me do it? so don't feel i can't take a day off!:(

XKLX

i used to think it, but it is a placebo. the voice in your head is typical ocd. think logically does one missed session make a difference? if it did not even olympic gold medalists would get anywere. i quite often rebel against myself and take a day out and eat junk all day, its very liberating and i highly reccomend it, not only do you feel great, you feel happy about training again and happy in your own mind, (well as far as training goes at least) dont do it often but do plan a day were you go crazy and eat whatever and whenever, that should help you out of the mental prison, at the end of the day the gym should be fun.

gym seems an complete effort a chore it is becoming but can't put brakes on stop myself it like NEED now! like this week ma whole week of fitness routine: can't live without it!:(

mon - gym /zumba class

tues- swimming/gym (jogging ?)

weds - work all day( though walk to work takes 40 mins and is 2.5 miles from my house!)

thurs - swimming/ (gym?)

fri - gym/zumba class

sat - gym

sun jogging/swimming/gym

XKLX

does your body need 7 days of intence exersise? not your brain, your body. heres how i think your week should look,

mon, zumba class.

tue, brisk early morning walk before breakfast.

wed, the work all day and the walk home is fine.

thur, swimming.

fri zumba class.

sat, see friends dont think about training.

sun, gym.

see how varied this is? shaking the routine up keeps it fun and interesting and this is more than enough for an average woman. your training like jessica ennis when you dont need too. plus back in the days were i would train 6 days a week, i would be fine at first, then after a few weeks i would come down with this strange unexplained virus. i had this a couple of times, i would get a tempreture and a splitting headache. then would wake up the next day and feel fine. what i was doing was taxing my central nervous system and not giving my body time to recover, thus making my workouts ineffective. i even came down with a severe case of tonsilitus, (lovingly transmitted by my girlfriend at the time) and it nearly killed me, no joke the tonsils were so swollen they nearly choked me to death. my girlfriend got over it within 3 days, me? 3 weeks and with 1000mg of antiboitics a day. and it was because i trained myeslf to hard and was very weak. as soon as i started training 3 to 4 days a week i noticed my strength went up, my recovery time got shorter, i was losing fat and gaining muscle more effectivley and felt healthy like i should have done. sometimes less is more. its very easy to do too much. on the days were you dont go to the gym just make sure you hit your calorie target for that day and your going to be absolutley fine. if in doubt just go for a brisk walk. rember if your body is phyiscally taxed this will lower your metabolisum and that as you know = fat. yes it can swing the other way.

just so im clear, if your taking in the calorie amount you need to lose weight, you will lose weight regardless of wether you exersise or not that day. and swimming and yoga is much better exersise than running on a treadmill, and lets be honest more fun. so chuck in yoga with your swimming and zumba classes, but only choose one for any given day. also try things like horse ridding or tennis. its very important to to an activity you enjoy, otherwise you end up going mad and giving up all together, so do look at activitys you can enjoy outside of the gym too.

does anyone know of how many calories zumba burns in 45 mins class??? is it 500? is close to how many calories burn at swimming? as work harder than gym sessions!

XKLX

feel bad guilty after eating 3 blocks of dairy milk and peguin bar today even after lots and lots walking today didn't go swimming again feel bad! :( got weight nurse tomorrow morning and had crisps today feel so shameful :(

feel bad guilty after eating 3 blocks of dairy milk and peguin bar today even after lots and lots walking today didn't go swimming again feel bad! :( got weight nurse tomorrow morning and had crisps today feel so shameful :(

i had a whole tub of ben and jerrys cherry garcia on tuesday, and im not even sorry lol. you have to allow for food that you enjoy every now and then, fittness is a lifestyle and not medicine. so rember:

• eat what you want (within reason) as long as it fits into your calorie needs.
  • do activitys you enjoy, because if you find that your dragging yourself to the gym, realsticly who long are you going to be doing it for? not very long is my guess, because if i diddnt enjoy pounding tons of weights i would not be doing it. i do it because i love it.
  • count calories for the week, not for a given day. if you have a day were you go slightly over you calories, then the next day you can just lower your calories acordingly. its actully very good for you metabolisum because the extra calories on one day and then the drop the next day gets the metabolisum very exited. this is basically a calorie cycle and is much more effective than a fixed number of calories day in day out. plus you can eat ice cream on a day and not feel guilty.
  • dont over think it, food does not and should not control you.
  • dont eat anything you dont like, rember this is a lifetime project so you have to eat foods you like, other wise its simply not going to work, and you,ll end up rebeling against yourself. so practice portion control, and have a good treat meal at least once a fortnight.
  • once again, dont over think it all, and dont let it consume you. have fun and be kinder to yourself.

my mum has now stopped me doing 3 exercise activities in one whole day such as swimming/jogging/gym or zumba/gym and also she won't let me eat salad every night of week .... gr not happy at all with this ! :( don't get why she has suddenly stopped me she reckons doing 'too much exercise wise' and making myself 'look ill' don't know how that exactly is or works as i don't at all! dad reckons look gaunt in face sucked in my cheeks and arms getting 'too thin' and need start just eating normally again which i think i am parent of child at work commented this week and said to me " don't think you should lose anymore weight you look skinny/thin" and also my auntie and uncle said how much weight i'd lost since last saw them too! why everyone going on at me!!! gr!

XKLX

XKLX

my mum has now stopped me doing 3 exercise activities in one whole day such as swimming/jogging/gym or zumba/gym and also she won't let me eat salad every night of week .... gr not happy at all with this ! :( don't get why she has suddenly stopped me she reckons doing 'too much exercise wise' and making myself 'look ill' don't know how that exactly is or works as i don't at all! dad reckons look gaunt in face sucked in my cheeks and arms getting 'too thin' and need start just eating normally again which i think i am parent of child at work commented this week and said to me " don't think you should lose anymore weight you look skinny/thin" and also my auntie and uncle said how much weight i'd lost since last saw them too! why everyone going on at me!!! gr!

XKLX

XKLX

yes! i can relate to this. a while ago i was a man on a mission to get into a compitition standard with my physique. it was 12 weeks strait of nothing but chicken and oats, 2 training sessions a day and drinking tons of water to rid my body of salt to get a tight and ripped look. all i did for 12 weeks was eat, sleep and train. at the end of it, yes, i had good muscularity, good condtioning and very tight looking. only problem was, i was as weak as a kitten, and a 12 year old girl could of pumbled me. my mother said your face is like a skeleton, auntie said ohhhh you,ve lost too much weight, nan was all like are you eating? your fading away to nothing. i was mortified by such comments, i worked my ass off for 3 months and everyone was being negative towards it. too be fair i had droped to below 70kg and all my teeshirts that usually fit tight around my arms were all lose and baggy on me, and i was quite pale. it wasnt till i looked at my old pictures of me from when i was at my most muscular and healthy looking that i realised why they were saying what they were saying. i really had gone to far with exersise and diet (yes it is possible). so i can see why your familly are reacting in the way they are, you dont get a fair view when you look in the mirror, you see a fat girl, but your familly see you for what you really are, a girl that is thin and doesnt realise it. trust me i can relate to everything you say, ive been there, but i now know when pepole are givigng me negitive feedback then ive gone to far. right now im around the 90kg mark and look very healthy, i know because my familly are telling me so, i dont think so, because i have body dismorphia, but i trust my famillys judgement, and i certainly dont trust the dismorphia. so if you trust your familly, then trust that they telling you how it is, and how it is, is, you have gone to far, its time to take a step back and realise you have gone to far.

Edited by A-S warrior