Dijac

Concert and puppet show.

Hi,

I went to a really cool concert yesterday - it was an Aspergers awareness concert put on by the Aspergers association for this region of France. Unfortunately, not many people came.

However, the son (AS) and daughter of the lady who runs the assoc are both gifted violinists, plus one of the mothers is a pianist. They played a lot of classical music during the first half, and it was superb.

During the second half there was a puppet show to explain what autism and aspergers is - we took my younger son, who was very interested to learn more about the syndrome which affects his brother. Then some younger aspies either played some music, or read poems - some written by themselves. Some were very moving.

For once, I had manged to get my husband to come along - I think it was good for him. He does tend to bury his head in the sand a bit. Unfortunately, Will, my aspie son, refused to come. He says he's not like all of 'them' - I think he is still in denial. But meeting with the other parents helps me.

Even if it is slow, they are trying to make progress here in France.

Diane

Really pleased this is happening for you.