Sign in to follow this  
Klou

Hooray

Hi all

Can't believe it. Got a phone call yesterday afternoon from a clinical psychologist at the children's centre. They discussed ds's form at the meeting and decided he needs to see someone on the 26th July. Turns out the pyschologist is going on maternity leave and is filling up spaces before she goes.

Now I can spend 10 days worrying about whether I will get what I need to say said in the right way having spent a month worrying/hoping they wouldn't think what I put on the forms wasn't serious enough to warrant investigation.

I am relieved and concerned at the same time. I am glad they are taking me seriously, concerned at the implications of me being correct in my suspicions.

Afterall any diagnosis is for life and there is the future considered with all its ups and downs and complications.

I think for us if we get a definite diagnosis it will mean that even if we can't do anything about the condition we will know it isn't our parenting that makes him the way he is.

DH gets really down and so do I but I am so much more used to ds's behaviour, that he often asks is it us. Have we done something to make him act the way he does?

:wine: I am raising my glass to hopefully getting some answers.

hi klou well done you for coming this far dont know how you will feel good luck to you an your son its probably better to have a diagnosis take one step at a time an it will all come right in the end once again let us know how you get on remember keep smilin luv karin xx