Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

social services .....so cheesed off...

Sorry to prattle on about the dreaded SS but here goes....

My son has been accessing services for a few months now. A meeting was held last week to discuss how things were going. All other meetings have been held at my home but this was to be held across town at 10 in the morning. Because of problems getting a carer transport etc I couldnt go. Much to my amazement the meeting went ahead without me.

Almost a week later I had heard nothing about the outcome despite phone calls and email. Today I recieved a telephone call with the gist of meeting. Son is doing well bla blah. He has a rebound session (lasting all of 40 minutes) and a swimming session for just under 2 hours.

I pointed out that I was worried my son was being socially excluded and she wittered on about extra direct payments (glorified baby sitting) but reading between the lines day care services have decided it is too difficult to care for my lad...end of story.

I feel so powerless, I contacted the NAS who suggested I contact a solicitor with disability rights knowledge. I really dont have the energy for that, I am currently dealing with DLA, council tax etc etc

Its as though he has stepped off of a space craft, except Im sure if he had we would be killed in the rush to help him!!!!

Any ideas gratefully received.

cheers (she says miserably)Loraine

Loraine,

I don't blame you for being cheesed off!!!

I can fully understand what you mean about having no energy to fight. You are not powerless, get someone to help you fight this battle. I suggest calling the Princess Royal Trust for Carers, they will be able to offer you advice and support, they may also help you put in a complaint against Social Services.

Day care services think it's too difficult for them to look after your son, but they think it's ok for you to do it 24/7!! :angry:

Good luck Loraine, I hope you get something sorted out soon.

Nellie xx

:thumbs: Sorry Lorraine too knackerd myself to say anything constructive but from one knackerd mum (carer, vigalante, counsellor, form filler etc) to another >:D<<'> . Luv Witsend.idn't mean to put that thumbs up icon in at start, don't know what happened there :oops: Edited by witsend

Thanks guys.

Nellie, I will phych myself up to contact Princess Trust.

Witsend, thanks for the hug, you cheered me up!!!

Love Loraine xx