Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

Autisum Research from France

Thanks for the link.

I have mixed feelings about this kind of research.

So much of the research money into autism has gone to finding a cause, presumably so a test can be developed and screening undertaken so unwanted children can be aborted in the way that can be done now for Downs Syndrome and certain other genetic conditions.

There may be the potential to develop treatments/interventions that make life easier/betterfor children with autism from this kind of research, but I would also like to see more money being devoted to researching the various interventions people use now such as TERACHH, ABA, Son Rise etc. so parents would be able to make an informed choice rather than being forced to rely on heresay and advertising.

Simon

Guest flutter

intersting

but money would be better spent me thinks on teaching 'profesionals' how to accept that each and every child is different

Cx

but money would be better spent me thinks on teaching 'profesionals' how to accept that each and every child is different

The ultimate problem with the state education system is that it operates as a one size fits all strategy. This is something that few appear to be challenging.