echelon

Any advice, I am so upset.

My son is now 14 and we've been referred back to CAMHS by the school nurse. We're currently seeing a consultant psychologist who's whittering on about 'attachment disorder' now! We want him to be assessed for ASD. He's been having problems since he was about 2.5. Everyone I describe him to mentions ASD and how we really need a comprehensive assessment. It's so obvious that he's not wired up properly and this isn't down to poor parenting or anything like that - we've been assessed.

What do I do? How on earth can I be referred to someone qualified?

I really feel as though I'm going mad.

I live in the NE near Newcastle.

He doesn't present typically because he has good eye contact, is very intelligent and expresses himself well. He has problems socially and the teachers have picked up on his problems as well as his peers.

I'm so scared that we slip through the net yet again. 12 years we've been trying to get help.

Please, any advice? I don't want to go back and see this psychologist, but I know we have to.

I don't want a statement or anything like that, I just want a proper assessment.

Try contacting this organisation they are for parents of kids your sons age.

My autism was missed until age 16 because of my ability to adapt to the environment to an extent.

Barnardos Cygnet Parent/Carer Support Programme

Queens Road Services

Queens Road

Bradford

BD8 7BS

Tel: 01274 481183

Email: andy.morris@barnardos.org.uk