Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

for lindy loo

flutter,I know you have posted this for another person,but I was about to post a topic for information on pretty much the same thing,do you know if there is a similar site for information/tips on disabilities and disneyworld(as opposed to disneyland)? i've tried looking on google but I can't find anything-I am wondering whether the Special Assistance Pass still exists at disneyworld,and whether it is available to adults?

Tux

We went to Disney World at Easter this year and had no trouble getting the guest assistance pass. We took a letter from our doctor. We told the doctor exactly the wording we would like which was taken from a book and he was happy to provide. It also made his job easier as he didn't have to think about what to write!!

The letter went like this:-

To Whom It May Concern:

<Child's name> is a delightful child who as been diagnosed with <child's condition>. This diagnosis impedes his ability to wait for extended periods of time and he struggles with sensory issues (e.g., touch) that may impact his ability to wait in lines. Please offer what accommodations you can for this young man and his family.

Sincerely,

<Doctor's name>

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Sorry, just realised you were asking about adults. I don't see why their policy on autism would differ between adults and children. I'd use the same letter framework but change it as follows:

To Whom It May Concern:

<Adult's name> has been diagnosed with <condition>. This diagnosis impedes his ability to wait for extended periods of time and he struggles with sensory issues (e.g., touch) that may impact his ability to wait in lines. Please offer what accommodations you can for this young man and his family.

Sincerely,

<Doctor's name>

Or something along those lines.

Lisa

Thanks Flutter B)

THis is really useful. We already get a pass for DP as he is in a wheelchair. But we did find last year that we were making him go on rides that he did not really want to go all - all to aviod having to queue with Luke :rolleyes: If we can get Luke as pass as well, it will make things much better if he is having a bad day.