Sign in to follow this  
smileyK

got my well-being team appointment -monday morn

I got my well-being appointment monday morning @ 10am bit anxious /nervous several 'professionals' I've spoken to about "my issues' say point directly against towards Bi-Polar with up and down's mood that sudden extreme with spending money when on an irratic restless high! But have decided take along my mood diary with notes alongside to tally up if any "main noticable triggers" ! I also going to bring up about the worries /anxieties behind my medication around emergency crisis situation whether I should take risk and go back on them! XKLX

I don't think MHT think I got anything other than 'depression' but looking at the bigger background picture! I feel personally I have 'other signs' which don't add up clearly to 'just depression'! XKLX

Me too just hoping "someone" believes my own suspicions fingers crossed! Whether it Bi-Polar or BPD! XKLX

Got given "home work" got another mood diary to fill in complete aswell as practising breathing techiniques I did show her my mood diary my scales /scores on both depression and anxiety added up to top level! When I do bring up mention bi-polar like everyone especially professional wise shrugs me off completely and don't know why! Haven't got clue why ! XKLX

Edited by trekster

From my experience doctors never give you straight answers. It was only until I was in a manic phase that I was diagnosed with bipolar on paper at least, I asked my doctor if I had bipolar and she said I differently have a mood disorder but wasn't sure if I had bipolar, so why would they write down I have bipolar.

@ phantom sneeze - they wouldn't write down on your notes if you hadn't got it been assessed /diagnosed! Always feel I'm constantly chasing assessments/diagnoses and support! List seems never ending -endless!! Then everyone 'wonders' why tired /drained! Going to keep raising bi polar so don't think got that "severe" but it hard stand out now from "depression diagnosis" I already got from CAMHS! XKLX

What medication you taking? They put me on antidepressants and I was being monitored by a community MH team to see how they affected me and they immediately stopped the medication because it sent me hyper-manic, the main symtom of talking really fast and elation. That was two years ago now, Now I'm on antipsychotics.

I WAS taking anti depressant (SSRI type) parexotine 30mg. Have taken before in past! But currently stopped taking after medication was involved in emergency crisis situation where ended up in A 'n' E over night! (Early hours friday until saturday lunchtime afternoon) was seen by crisis intervention team but they discharged as few days later was seeing adult MHT for 'intial assessment' I was in that too high,too low state before the medications came into "play" within my life I've been on one anti-pyschotic meds (risperdal) but came off due to horrid unpleasant side effect of high prolactin level raised! Not good/great! :( really need to book doc appointment to discuss what happens next over current medication as scared/worried I'm not stable enough yet?! So confused ,lost within it all to be honest!