Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Attending CPA meeting on Friday

Hi guys, just to give you an update on Glen, on Friday he will have been at the autism hospital for 12 weeks. I have to attend the CPA meeting (Care Programme Approach Meeting). It will be decided whether Glen will be discharged or that it's in his best interests to stay for longer.

I received a report today which I've started to read (it is rather long!) which is very interesting so far, with reports from the psychologist, psychiatrist, O.T. and Speech & language therapist and of course the nursing staff, who do a fantastic job.

Glen has come on so well since being at the hospital, he is much more independent and is self harming and hitting out to a much lesser extent, he is also smiling and laughing much more, which is so nice to hear.

My husband and I will be seeing Glen before the meeting on Friday, so making sure I have all his favourite snacks ready to take :rolleyes: I will let you know how I get on.

I've just found out today that the manager from a care home local to us is attending the meeting with Glen's social worker which is excellent news. I really want Glen to get in this care home, it's a lovely place we've been and had a look round. There will only be 4 residents living there which is ideal for Glen, and the staff are all for taking the residents out for drives, which Glen will love. Also the fact that it's about 40 minutes away from here as apposed to 3 hours makes a lot of difference. It is time Glen was nearer to home again.

Hi, the meeting went very well. All the professionals involved were there. It was good to see Glen again, he was even more smiley/happy than he was the last time we saw him and enjoyed the snacks I took of course He coloured in a picture whilst we were there.

There is another meeting in about 7 weeks time when at that time Glen should be discharged and will eventually be transitioned to the care home that we wanted in Essex it's likely to be over 8 or 9 weeks until Glen's finally moved so at least he has quite a bit of time left where he is and will progress even further. So hopefully fingers crossed all will go well.

Edited by JeanneA

I had an email from the new care home manager this morning to say she intends to visit Glen several times at the hospital in the next few weeks to get to know him before he eventually moves into her care home in Essex.