Sign in to follow this  
Noskcaj86

were moving again

Jack has literally just settled in to the new house, i mean in the last week or 2. He now sleeps in his bed and goes to sleep at a normal time. Its taken 6 months for him to settle in, and now were moving again in 1 month! I hope it doesnt start off his sleeping problems again as we have just sorted them out. Any tips on how to prepare him for the move to make it go as smoothly as possible?

Thanx :)

Arrange all his things in his room identical to his room now, do a social story to explain the move, what happens and show him a map of his new address and where his school is.Can you show him the new house? and his room?

Yes were going to go and show him around soon, so hopefully that will help. Im just so worried we will be back to square 1, him awake every night until 2 am for 4 months... like he was when we last moved. I really hope he settles quicker this time!

As soon as he feels secure, the anxietys, hopefully will diminish. Just keep to your usual routines as much as possible, and prepare him for any changes that you might expect.

Good advice from sesley, I hope all goes ok. As long as your son has all the familiar things around him in his new bedroom I'm sure it won't take him too long to settle. Let us know how it goes.