MiddleEarthNet

Its funny how situations change

A number of years ago, I 'worked' with someone the same age as me who had Prada Willi syndrome. I wasn't acting as a carer, more as a (paid) friend. Her mum wanted someone her age to take her out for bike rides and other physical activities. And as my AS means I am obessed with sports, I was the perfect choice.

I saw her dad over the weekend by chance. She is now living in her own home (with 24 care) and enjoying her independance. I however still live with my parents, unable to live independantly and barely managing (translation = not managing) when they go on holiday.

Ironic isn't it?

Life is never predictable but I believe its the quality you get from life rather than your life status itself. It maybe difficult to seperate the two but you may not like everything in your life but the things you do make that extra effort to get as much out of it as you can.

She may be in a different situation but there may be things shes not happy with the same as all of us so I try to make the best of what I am able to do.

You're not alone, Middle Earth. I feel that every day, but I hope that my talents compensate for my weaknesses. All we can do is our best and live good lives. Nothing else matters.

For me it just felt a reminder to how much I seem to have fallen behind others of my age.

Try not to see things as if they need to be compared with other people, there will always be some people that achieve more than us and others that will only be able to do a part of what we have been able to do. It's what we do that counts.