Sign in to follow this  
elainem

I thought he would enjoy the summer hols

Hi,

we have twins nearly 5, Matthew has ASD. I honestly thought the school hols would be a breeze as no school to worry about. How could I be so wrong?? He is soooo unsettled - think he can't understand why at home. Plus yesterday we went to dinsosaur ex at museum which seems to have totally freaked him. He was just about to poo in his bedtime nappy last night when I got to him in time (has been going to the loo about 4 months) and today has wet himself twice, which is almost unheard of. I think the combination of unsettling school hol and then yesterday on top has just tipped him over.

Now then - whos turn is it to go the off licence :lol:

Elaine

They take you by surprise don't they? My ds is enjoying these holidays but after complaining for the last few months of term that he hated school, tears every morning, he wants to go back now!

The last easter holidays though he absolutely regressed - developed a stammer that meant he was barely intelligable and his behaviour was awful. No reason that we could think of either.

We've also had a major freak out at a dinosaur exhibition we though he'd enjoy when he was almost 4.

Hope things improve for you before it's time to go back to school!