Sign in to follow this  
Minxygal

Clothing problems

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a problem with their children cutting up clothes?

Many years ago I made the mistake of telling Mark, while trying to get him dressed for school one day, that he couldn't go to school without his underpants. He was about 8 then. Now he's 15 and it seems he is still convinced that one day he will come to the very last pair of underpants and won't have to go to school. To this end he constantly destroys his underwear. I think I keep Matalan in business I buy that many pairs. I have tried everything to get him to stop, to no avail. I've given up now and just put fresh undies on the regular shopping list. :lol:

My other son has real problems with tags and even the little transfers that they put on jeans and things. I cut out his tags as often as I can but often he'll come dowstairs wearing a pair of jeans with a nice round hole in the front where he's found something ele that's irritated him and cut it out.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the tag problem too, my son hates tags on anything so i have to cut them out, they really irritate him. B)

I have the tag problem with my AS son. He also refused to wear jeans as they are just unbearable for him. He'll only wear soft clothes with the tags off and no restrictive buttons or zips. I've also had fleece tops that go bobbly inside and he won't wear them either, or wool. Nor will he wear anything that just fits, all his clothes have to be baggy!

:hypno:

Lauren

Tags, seams, zips, stitching, transfers, threads.

I could not get my head around how a child could feel a tiny thread on a sock and make such a fuss every morning - now I know why!

He wears fleece stuff most of the time

HelenL

Oh forgot to add; he doesn't exactly cut his clothes up (poor you!!) however he does chew the cuffs until they are unwearable and also puts his whole body inside his tops so that they end up like shapeless tents!

Lauren

My 10 year old (As adhd dyspraxia) used to have a real issue with tags. Its not as bad now but hates wearing clothes coats shoes My 4 year old as yet undx has major meltdowns sometimes and will tear off her clothes screaming that they hurt her socks shoes the lot. I often cant find the source of her pain but trying to distract her doesnt work. As shes starting school im getting a bit concerned as she has to wear uniform even if she feels uncomfortable.