Sign in to follow this  
hev

weekend away

my mum has offered to stay at mine for a weekend and look after kids if me and nick want to go away for weekend as we never been away on our own,i would love to as i could do with a break but i feel so guilty about leaving steve behind,katie only 2 she wouldnt care,i would prob spend whole weekend wishing i had brought him,do any of you parents go away on your own?

Guest flutter

I WANT !!! :lol:

why not go but not go too far away, i bet you could find a nice hotel with a pool ect nice resturant , down the road

that way you get break, but if there is a prob, you can get back quick ( well will satisfy your need to be close)

I would go, if you have someone you can trust with your kids, make the most of it

C x

Oh Hev,

Pleeeease take your Mum up on this offer! I've had a few weekends away without Kai over the last year and it was lovely. I came home feeling so refreshed. My Mum and Dad had him once and my sister had him the other time.

I felt guilty about going, but once i had a few glasses of bubbly down my neck, i was fine. I went to a Hilton with my lovely man (they do some good offers!) and we just drank champagne and lounged around in Hilton bath robes all weekend! Bliss!

Your Mum wouldn't have offered unless she was willing to look after the kids. I actually told Kai a fib and said i was on a course, otherwise he would have wanted to come with me :devil: .

Hope you decide to go,

Loulou

Too many times I've turned down offers from family to have my children will DH and I go away either overnight or for a weekend. I always felt that no-one could look after Maisie and understand her needs like I could. I now know I was wrong but the offers have stopped coming. It's probably due to them always being refused. I would go with Flutters suggestion. Quality time to yourselves but only a stones throw away!

I would definately take advantage of the offer. We have the occational night out or overnight stay when one of the mothers offers to look after the children. It is really nice to just have some time to yourselves. I think it does you good to just get away from time to time.

After all, aI'm sure your Mum would not have offered if she thought she could not cope. The children will probably be spoilt rotten and have a great time.

Go for it girl. B)

absolutely take up this offer - your mum will know what she is offering & it is so nice to have some "couple time" - these opportunities are so few & far between you have to grab them with both hands when they come along.

Carol

My inlaws offered to stay at our house with the kids so that hubbie could take me away for a weekend for my birthday. It was the best present I think I have ever had! The kids were fine, surrounded by all their own things and in familiar surroundings, and granny and grandpa coped admirably - although they did say afterwards that a weekend was the maximum period they think they could cope alone! I would definitely agree with everyone before me and say go for it. It will make a refreshing change to be able to consider your own needs and wants for a while, and the children will be able to cope for such a short period.