LifeMeh

Incurable cancer diagnosis, uncertainty is unbearable

Hello, 

Recently diagnosed HFA at age 41.had stage 4 cancer for nearly 2 years and always found the uncertainty of the diagnosis (not been given a time frame) the absolute worst part of it, worse than the thought of dying itself, with this HFA diagnosis I guess I know why. 

It's actually driving me insane, I can't cope with not knowing, scans every 3 months and the wait times, it's all too much, can hardly deal with a change of daily plans, this waiting around to know when I'll next need treatment or going to die is unbearable. I depressed and having meltdowns more than ever, i wish the cancer would do its job a lot of the time. This isn't an intervention or cry for help, just stating facts. 

If anyone has any experience with this please can you give me advice, thank you. 

I'm a few years younger than yourself.

My niece is 5 and has a terminal illness. I think about her on a daily basis even though I can't see her as often as I would prefer. This causes really extreme anxiety. 

Are you in contact with any cancer charities? 

I know the national autistic society has a section on bereavement etc but that's aimed at people who know someone is dying or has died. 

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/family-life/bereavement.aspx

Do you have family and friends to support you? 

Hope you find this forum supportive and helpful in reducing your meltdowns etc. 

I find the 'Stickman communications' cards to be invaluable in explaining to people what I'm feeling and thinking and my needs at the time.