Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

can they be so much alike yet so different

Those of you who know me have seen my posts about kieran (asd)this is a question about his younger brother.He is 16 and has had a few problems at school

which since have disappeared since leaving school was mainly bullying issues .When i went to see his year head i told her of his problems and we got onto the subject of kieran and she said had i considered the fact that just because jamie is bright he too maybe too could be on the autistic spectrum.They are so much alike.Jamies doesnt go out much doesnt intearact well with others and has no confidence in different situations.he doesnt leave the house often and the friends he got are all computer friends.Looking at it logically im sure it is easier to make friends on a screen as you can be how you want and arent judged as you are only words or a face if he s on the web cam. His self confidence is also very low. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: lynn

Hi Lynn,

I think you know that I have two sons with ASD who could not be more different from each other, but are also very much the same. :wacko: I also have a friend who has a son with AS, and because he also has many other issues, she has always felt that her youngest was fine and anything that showed with him was down to the strain of living with ASD. Her youngest is a very bright lad and has no problems with his learning unlike his elder brother. However things change and now it looks as if the youngest son does have his own issues - which may or may not be ASD? Like my two they are total opposites in many ways but if you look beyond the differences then sometimes you see the pointer which make you think that maybe there is a common denomintor? I think that my friend is gutted at the moment and is being quite hard on herself. She feels that she may have let her youngest down? I know with my two my eldest sons problems did not really appear until he was coming to the end of his junior school life. Even then they were difficult to identify? My youngests slapped me in the face and continue to do so.

All anyone can do is go from where we are at now and what we think now. Does that make sense? It is possible that Jamie does have ASD. How would he handle that? Have you spoke to him about it? How do you feel about this?

>:D<<'> Carole >:D<<'>