Sign in to follow this  
Gold MD

Something about the Resident Evil games that's so odd...

The Umbrella Corporation used a lab beneath Raccoon City so they could do their illegal research into virology, while going undetected from the public. However, after RE4, things got so dumb in the franchise. It's really unbelievable as to how stupid much of it became.

You end up in a rural part of Spain in RE4, in the role of an ex-cop, where the villagers are not zombies for once. You go there to look for the president's daughter. The locals you encounter are violent, but retain their human side. This is because they have been infected with parasites. The main villains were so cuckoo, as well. They ended up looking like those power hungry madmen in comic books, which I must say, I grew to detest. 

The thing is, how would this place never be explored or seen from above? The same with the other locations like the castle and the factory. Strangers entering the villages in RE4 and also the similarly themed RE8 would not always necessarily be killed for being intruders, if they held their own and escaped. Or am I just reading into this hockum too much? It just makes no sense that this place is full of hostiles, yet nobody knows about it.

Granted, it's only a game. Harmless fun. However, they aren't even trying to make it remotely logical. At least in my opinion...

Edited by Gold MD