Sign in to follow this  
Mother in Need

Sneezing

My AS son sneezes a lot. He does not have a runny nose, it does not seem to be hay fever, and happens all year round. It is not constant, he can be fine for hours or days on end and suddenly have a sneezing 'fit'. It is really annoying for him and for those of us that get a little sprayed in the process :oops: and the sight of those bogeys hanging out isn't too pleasant (no neeed to paint a picture is there :lol: )

In my son's own words: "These sneezing fits tend to take the form of a sudden and violent sneeze followed by between three to thirteen sneezes in short succession. Generally I find that I have always got at least one blocked nostril and I find it a lot easier to breathe with a slightly open mouth, especially when I'm trying to sleep. This has happened ever since a chest infection some years ago."

Does anyone have any idea how to help him with this? Maybe homeopathy or whatever? Or what may cause this? Do others have this problem?

Motherinneed, I'm not an expert (well not in the true sense of the word) but one of my sons has swollen adenoids which cause him nasal problems like nose bleeds etc. He doesn't have sneezing fits but I do know that it can be a symptom of swollen adenoids. Also the blocked nostril is another sign that the adenoids may be swollen.

Lauren

The symptoms that your son has mirror my nephew's.

Does he sound nasal when he speaks? My nephew had these symptons for 5 years - they've just decided he needs his tonsils removed.

Anyway, not sure how that helps, but thought I'd mention it. :lol:

Could be some kind of allergy he has.

cherry