Sign in to follow this  
Viper

My poor babies

Hi.

We had this weekend all sorted, my two eldest are away, one at reading festival and one camping, so my NT DD was having a friend over to sleep, it would have been the first time she had anyone to stay as we don't normaly have the room. It was all set, they even had the midnight feast ready. But as the best plans always do it all went wrong. My DD started to feel ill, her temperature went up to 39.6 Then her friend started to get upset and wanted her mum. This was this afternoon, I ended up with two crying 10 yr olds sitting in my lounge :crying: . Then Ben, who was sat watching said "I didn't do anything to them mummy I promise, they just started crying" :tearful: Poor little man, he must feel responsible for all the upset in the house.

Well, the girls mum came and she went home, my poor DD has had some spectacular multi coloured yawns this evening :sick: and I don't plan on getting much sleep tonight.

Serves me right for planning things, I should know by now it never works out.

Oh well we will try in a few days, but don't tell the gods of fate or they will be planning too ;)

Viper.

Edited by Viper

:( Oh Viper I,ve been there........had to cancel a holiday due to middle one getting a virus :tearful: . When the kids are poorly like that you really feel for them,I bet she,ll be as right as rain soon, could she try the sleep over again on sat night????...it,s brought back memories of being ill as a kid....my mum always used to treat me to a bottle of lucozade to help me regain my strength.It was more like a medicine back then, you used to get it at the chemists and it came in a large glass bottle with yellow cellophane wrapped round it. OH the days...................

Suze, i remember the lucozade too, it was such a special thing back then, it seemed to make you feel beter just knowing you were geting special treatment, the only time you got fizzy drinks. I can't drink it now without associating it with being ill. :lol:

My little baby (well she's 10 but still my baby) is asleep all wraped up in her duvet on the sofa with the dog curled up at her feet, they look so sweet. :wub:

Viper.

hope you ddd is feeling better soon , yes i remember the lucozade as well ,you were really special if you got a bottle of lucozade and i remember my nan swore by it she always had a bottle in along side her guiness lol it didnt do her any harm she was 88 when she died.I dont know if its just me but now they do it in cans as well it doesnt seem to taste the same or is it just different to how i remembered it. lynn

what a shame. bet they were excited too. sometimes they can excite themselves sick lol :wub: