Sign in to follow this  
Gold MD

Autism Forums

Has anyone been to the site known as Autism Forums? 

I'm not knocking the site, but they are very picky about what you can post on there. Basically, every thread has to be PG-esque. When I asked Nitro the admin, he just said he swears like a sailor, but it's just not allowed on his site.

I get my posts deleted, merged, ignored, etc. And I think I'm subjected to scrutiny on there. This is because as I said, they're fussy about discussing sensitive topics. I'm sure they also don't like it when I refer to specific people that I've had problems with. They don't even really like anybody linking to violent movie scenes, anything with bad language, and whatnot, which is a little overkill.

One thing I strongly hate about online forums is the use of unnecessary censorship. People need to stop getting their panties in a twist over one's views and just man up a little bit. If you're purposefully flaming people or outright being an idiot, that's a different matter. Being badly behaved would merit your posts being removed. But just outright deleting posts that folk spent the time to type out, is annoying. There's gaming forums for example, where flame wars are all too commonplace, with bickering and whatnot. Yet the moderators do nothing, due to either being absent, lazy, or biased. 

I also hate the ad revenue on there. You cannot easily log out because the log out button is on the bottom left side, covered by an ad banner right at the bottom of every page on browsers where ads aren't already blocked. Of course, you can just manually delete your cookies to get logged off that way. But even when you're composing a message, they've gone and stuck even more adverts all over the damn box where the text goes, making it hard to submit the thread without accidentally clicking one of the squares, and they expect you to upgrade your account for to receive extra features like seeing no more ads. So, this is quite irritating.

It's this forum.

https://www.autismforums.com/

At least it's active there. Most forums I visit only have the same two or so users still contributing...