Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

I dunno what to do or where I stand!

Tyler's first day in school went well. Luckily he was in a good mood and managed to tell me the jist of how the day went and apart from a ###### mouth from a collision with a girl's head, the day went well. Said he had chips, peas and fish fingers for dinner which thankfully is something he will eat but who knows what's on the menu tomorrow! Can't wait to get the menu, whenever that will be! Basically, all in all, the day went fine but a few things are bothering me!

1 - I was told that he would have support fulltime other than the 1hr the LSA was with another child in his class but when I collected him today, his teacher handed him over to me with no LSA in sight. Found out from a friend who works in the school as an assistant that she leaves at 2.30pm, thus leaving him alone in class for 45mins. Why wasn't I told??? :wallbash:

2 - I used to see his LSA 4 times a day last year, once at drop off in the morning, then again at collection for lunch, then at afternoon drop off and afternoon collection again! Today I only saw her once this morning and that was a VERY brief glance. Now I KNEW that when she brought my son to me (last year), I'd get the low down on exactly how his day had been, what he did, any problems he was having etc etc. If she an't there when he leaves school now at 3.15pm, then i an't going to get that info. Tried talking to his teacher today but she was too busy talking to the other parents and only told me about his accident and said he had a good day. That was it! :( Used to have a report book but as usual, that got forgotten about last year and no amount of requests by myself, would make the LSA start it again.

3 - Deleted b/c got informed wrong!

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm just really worried for my son and this school is sh*t! :(

I don't know what to do for the best! :(

Edited by Tylers-mum

Oh dear. I think you need to voice your concerns, in a nice way, to the teacher sooner rather than later, so that if she does go off on maternity leave, there can be a reasonable period for handover so Tyler can get used to his new LSA.

As for your suspicion that he isn't getting what he needs, I would be talking to someone about that tomorrow. The worst thing that can happen is you are wrong and even then, you are just a mother looking out for her son.

No-one fights their corner for them except for us.

Good luck >:D<<'>

I agree with TylersMum (this is very confussing :hypno: ). You need to speak to the school to find out what is going on. Try not to go into 'battle mode' just yet, give them a fair chance to explain what is going on first, and do it sooner rather than later.

Yes, another one who agrees. Establish the facts and then if you have a problem speak to the teacher to see if you can come to some resolution.