Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

toms bullies rear their ugly heads again

didnt take them long to get back into their strides. Yesterday tom said his ears were hurting apparently these two boys, who picked on him last term have started again.

they have been pulling his ears outwards really hard, and one of them has been pulling his backpack down as he walked.

:( I hate this, here we go again. I phoned school to be told will pass it along to the head of year who will phone you. I had to go to the docs at 4 and she still hadnt phoned back. :wallbash:

Edited by elaine1

This is awful Elaine. I found that if I threatened to involve the police and news papers things seemed to get taken a lot more seriously. Just point out that if this happened on the street it would be called assault, just because it's in school it is not a different mater.

We have to fight for our kids, we are their voice and they need us to be strong. Give the teacher "what for" she should not have let you have the worry of this all weekend, it's just not right.

I hope you can get this sorted on Monday. Try to have a good weekend. :wub::wub:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Viper.

I hate this, here we go again. I phoned school to be told will pass it along to the head of year who will phone you. I had to go to the docs at 4 and she still hadnt phoned back.

A note to school is in order. However I think it inevitable that they will try and get round it if this happened 'off the premises'. Two things:

1. I know there is something that covers this. I just cannot think what it is. Basically the school have a duty of care for their pupils to and from school. This IS in writing somewhere - I just can't think where.

2. I'm with Viper. If these children are over 10 yrs old then it IS assault. At ten the law states that they are criminaly responsible for their actions. We have been here. Partly because of my job, and partly due to the fact that I'd rather not have a criminal record and them laughing at me as a result, I ring the Police when something like this happens, each and every time. This has resulted in more than one child getting a caution and being threatened with ASBO. It's the police's job to sort it out. As Viper says:

Just point out that if this happened on the street it would be called assault, just because it's in school it is not a different mater.

Your son did not ask for this to happen so why the hell should he have to put up with it. Ideally you need either an independent adult witness and/or evidence of the assault ie: GP report and/or photo's (but NOT digital ones - they are difficult to use in court as they can be easily retouched) to show them. Phas jr had to go to the police station and give a statement under caution- it wasn't easy but he did it.

Getting the police involved is not easy, but it does work. Show him he doesn't have to be a victim, that he can take control of this situation. Ask the school to speak to the children's parents about their behaviour. If I can remember what the 'something' is (and where it is) I'll post it up for you.

Sorry to hear this Elaine. I hope your son isn't too upset about it this morning. I agree that this should be documented - you never know when you might need it and if you don't then you've lost nothing but a couple of minutes of putting pen to paper. Hope you can get this sorted out.

Karen

x

:( Elaine so sorry for you and your little one.We have a very similar prob.....it,s been this same child all the way through school.These bullies are so cunning this particular boy knows just how to get at my son :angry: so he reacts and then this litlte thug goes and makes out he,s the innocent party.I,ve seen this bully in action and thankfully the school are begining to wise up.

thank you for yr help. will wait to see if school rings on monday. If not i will go to autism hep team in our area. :wub: