Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

found this

I live in one of the top inclusive LEAs!!!!?!

I actually believe properly resourced inclusion is a good thing and should be available to all children.

However, I also feel that it is not good for every child.

the problem with the stats on this site is they look at how many kids are educated in mainstream and say that's a good authority or that's a bad one and don't bother to look at what inclusion means in that authority - in ours it means dump in any old school and don't bother to resource it :wallbash:

Our LEA is sitting proudly at number 2 in the name and shame list at 1.34%

Calling it segregation and saying it is a human right to be educated in mainstream flies in the face of what our children need. We have done mainstream with a lot of support and it was a disaster.

Our boys now have the placement they need and for the first time ever school isn't making them thoroughly unhappy. From reading the postings on here our LEA seems to be one of the few that is genuinely trying to do the right thing rathar than simply keep expenditure to the minumum.

I can only conclude that the authors of this report have no idea what it is like to bring up autistic children.

Simon

This outfit took out a full page ad in the TES and the education supplement of the Independent a couple of months ago, calling for the end of the right of parents to send their children to special schools.

Some heated correspondence followed, some of which complained about the offensive use of the term 'segregation'.

I get the impression they are from the physically disabled lobby, so quite possibly have no idea at all about ASDs.