Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

It's not over yet.....

Hi folks,

Thought I'd just give you a quick update.

D's settled in well at his new middle school; the SENCO has put in lots of support for him, and I have been helping out on a couple of school outings, so I've had a chance to see that his class teacher is doing all the right things B) I spoke to her at parents evening, she will make sure he is in her group for outings, as he plays up if he's put with me.

So it seems ludicrous that although things are going well at school, both classroom and playground, that I'm going to tribunal over the content of his statement which doesn't contain enough detail, and relies too much on how the school translate all the general statements in it. The IPSEA lady is just handing over all the paperwork to an IPSEA tribunal rep, and I've asked that I have him present at the tribunal as I don't feel up to tackling the LEA by myself. The biggest worry is always what is going to happen in the future, so I don't want to just rely on always having a good teacher/senco, because that might not always happen. It's not all over yet, and I was hoping it would be.

My little girl was dx with ADHD a few weeks ago, I'm still waiting for the letter from the hospital about that appointment. Popped into the CDC on Thursday to chase them up on that. I've filled out the DLA forms, and it's brought it home to me what a handful she is.( I knew it any way, but it's hard writing it all down about what goes on behind closed doors) I'm very tired at the moment, she's waking up very early (4.30 am) It's hard to explain what goes on with her, because she is verbally bright, funny and a really gorgeous little girl, but she needs constant adult attention, or she's destroying something. We've had a broken patio window, where she rammed the glass with her pram, and a flooded bathroom, and a whole packet of spaghetti all over the floor and it's just very hard to keep up with her, when her brother needs calming down because her screaming has wound him up, and he's about to strangle her. The kids' dad just shouts at them, so weekends, I'm out with them as they are better when not at home.

I meant this to be short, so I don't know how it turned into an epic, better go now!!

s

xxx

>:D<<'> From someone who knows how you feel when it comes to the little handfuls. I was up at 3.15am this morning :hypno:

Give yourself some much needed time, don't forget where we are when you need us and best of luck with the Tribunal :thumbs:

Hi Sallya- sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. >:D<<'> It sounds like lots of things are going right and you've done a lot to get it that way so try to stay positive :)

Good luck with the tribunal, you're right to point out that you don't want to have to rely on having good professionals in the future cos as you say some aren't that good and then you may well need the statement more watertight.

Hope you find a bit of time to yourself where you can just chill for a while :rolleyes:

Take care - Luv Witsend.