Sign in to follow this  
mc31

Parent Professional Meeting?????

Hi all

Had through the post this morning a letter concerning my daughter (ASD/ADHD). It was arranging a Parent Professional meeting...

As it says in the letter it is to discuss her needs and plan for the future buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, has anyone had one of these and what am i to expect???

mc

I've not heard of this before but it sounds to me like a multi-agency equivalent of the school annual review - everyone gets together to see how things are going and to make recommendations about how to move forward

sounds like a good thing to me - wish they'd do that for Com

Zemanski

Hmmm, i guess so, but its not until march 06 so not going to think too much about it at the mo.

the help around does seem to differ tho, i know what you mean.

They can be good. On your letter it should have a circulation list so you can see who has been invited, also give you an idea of who will be chairing the meeting. I have found them to be helpful as it has all pros; normally school,hv, sw, sometimes psycs and best of all parents. Surprise surprise parents always seem to know far more about their children than the pros!! :whistle::whistle: And it really can give those silly pros a better understanding of your child also your perceptions and desires for the future. They are normally formal but relaxed, it helps as everybody is there to understand what has been said and how it has been said and why it has been said - a lot easier than just reading statements on a piece of paper. Seem to be called by pros who actually do want to help the child and varies from area to area. Hope that helps a bit, love Kat