Sign in to follow this  
Flora

I know he doesn't like his teacher

My AS son hates school, but he especially hates Friday because they do this spelling test but it's done in such a complicated method that my poor son has to have it explained to him every week and everyweek he doesn't understand.

On the way to school today he was really anxious about the spellings.

Picked him up tonight and asked him how it went. He explained that it was cancelled because his teacher had fell down on the way in to school and split her head open, she'd spent the day in hospital with concussion and apparently... has had her head stapled together! :rolleyes:

A few minutes later, after the conversation moved on my son said

'I think we need to have that added to the timetable'

Unsure what he was talking about I asked what he meant,

to which he replied 'Ms ****, should have it on the timetable that she splits her head open every friday so that we never have to do the spellings!'

I DO worry sometimes :blink:

Lauren :D

:lol: Sounds like wishful thinking to me!

James

Guest hallyscomet

Sounds like your boy has a cheeky sense of humour :devil: anything to get out of spelling :lol::lol::lol:

Hailey:)

Well!!! As a :lol: member of :lol::lol: staff :lol::lol: who administers :lol::lol: spelling tests :oops: I can't say :lol::lol::lol::lol: I approve of his :D:D methods :tearful: .....

Though his logical makes sense!!!

:oops: He's now discussing laying banana skin traps on the path to school :ph34r:

Sorry Phas, it's nothing personal you understand :lol:

Lauren

I hope none of my lot dont hope I split my head! Actually they are always keen to have their spelling tests, it means they get to leave the classroom. I try to make them as painless and as much fun as possible. They mark their own work (I check it afterwards and if their are any problems discuss it with the child away from the group). No one is humiliated or feels intimidated and thats how it should be.

I well remember as a child the absolute terror of flash cards and tests and would hate to inflict that on any child.

To be honest I think children also forget that adults who work in schools actually have a life. Im sure some of mine think I live in a cupboard, they are always shocked if they seem me anywhere other than school.

Loraine

Hi :)

This is just being typicaly kids they just see the end and what they get not the mean, when H teacher brook her ankle last year he said he felt sorry for her but still like the supply teacher better and suggesting that she should rest longer (even after 3 months) untill the Summer holidays.... :devil:

In quite few intances however I found H very caring and even anxious for people like in the tsunami and Kashmir earth quake he was as well very upset about the bombing in London always asking me are you going to go on the bus today?? (his anxiety about me dying) :wacko:

When we then met one of my neighbourg and friend who has been badly injured on the Number 30 bus, I had to tell him that she was all right and had only a little cut....(HHmm going from the back of her shoulder to her elbow :tearful: and she sustain as well very bad head injuries.. :tearful:) He was really worried and keep asking questions for which I really could not find answer, I just told him that somehow there are people who lose their sanity then forget all about love, he said that's why you were giving hugs to R.. like that you don't forget about love. Bless him :wub::wub::wub:

As well there is always a difference between funny joke :lol: (not obvious to us sometimes) and reality...

Take care.

Malika.

Lorry, do you mean to tell me that the head telling me my presence on site 24/7 shouldn't be in my contract then? Does that also mean I can get off 4am gruel making duties too...

lol bless him :lol:

just hope the teacher never finds out lol