Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

NIGHT TERRORS

:hypno: my son has had these for at least 2 years now,hes 4 at least i hope this is what it is?

ive told his pediatrician and this is what he says it is.

he goes to sleep then 2 hours later starts screaming /crying/moaning/and thrashing about the bed, he dont seem to be aware im there even with his eyes open.wont let me calm him down,wont tell me whats wrong.

ive got so used to it,i know deal with it by trying to make him come to,by either getting him out of the bed,taking him in bathroom and rubbing damp sponge on him[know this sounds weird] its as if he snaps out of it then put him back bed and he goes quite.

without fail it happens everynight :wacko:

has anyone else got any advice on this?

This has been asked before. I cannot rember when or the title of the thread. I do know I looked up some links via 'Google' that dealt with it. Typr 'Night Terrors' into their search engine and see what's there. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Rainbow Queen,

I hope you have found some info here that is helpful to you. I know onlt too well what the night terrors are like. My son had them from around 18 months and it was so hard trying to understand what was wrong. He would sit and scream and scream, he wouldn't let me near him or leave him either he would even try and escape out of the house! All i could do was be there in the room with him untill he went quiet and back into a restful sleep, no mean feat when he shared a room with his brother and your hoping the old lady upstairs hasn't got her hearing aid on full blast!! :wacko:

It has got better for my son (he's 6) but he still has bad dreams and will just come into our bed. I used to think that Lewis had such an active mind that was racing constantly that even when he was asleep he couldn't get any peace!

Good luck, i know it's hard!

Take care,

Kirstie.