Sign in to follow this  
Tez

Tax Credits

In my ignorance, I failed to inform the tax credit people when A was awarded DLA in May 2004. I rectified my mistake in May this year and we now receive the disability premium. However, this was only applied to the current tax year, so I wrote and asked for this to be backdated to May 2004. This was in May of this year. Since then, I have made numerous phone calls, and sent 3 recorded delivery letters and got no where. I am assured that the letters and conversations are recorded on the computer system but no one is able to chase the matter up, nor can they give me any idea of when, or if, this matter will ever be dealt with.

I phoned again today and got told the same story. I persisted a bit and have now been advised to appeal against my 2004/5 award listing the dla as the reason because they then have to respond within time limits and not meeting targets counts against them. Problem is I am now officially outside the time limits for appeal but will argue that in effect the letters I sent were an appeal. So I will do this but in the meantime I think I'm going to write an official letter of compliant. Has anyone done this and what has been the response?

Hi Tez

Not done the complaint letter but if you find out who we should complain to would really like the address

We told them back in Nov last year we where now getting the High care part of DLA and carrers they recorded it and we thought great our money went up no probs.Then to our horror in June this year we recieved the year end thingy saying we owed them 1000 pounds in over payments.We phoned and asked why and was told on no less then 6 occassions that it was there fault and to appeal.We appelaed which took 4 months and they said sorry it was because we hadn't told them we where recieving DLA and Carrers and the 1000 pounds needed paying back over this year.Again we phoned the tax helpline and again on 4 different phone calls we were told it was there fault and to appeal again.

What has happened is the computer put on we where recieving the DLA and

Carrers but the computer had inccured an error and put the money up too much!!!

How can that be our fault we are awaiting the new appeal to be assessed but don't hold much hope was told other day would be at least Feb till we get a decision.It really sucks!!!

Lisa x

:o dont talk to me about tax credits

:( really bad to get through to and i swear they dont listen to what your saying

ive had lots of miver with them myself over other things and dla

i even went into the inland revenue office and they were quite thick as well-they rant on its not our dept we dont know about the tax credits :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

well then tell me please who exactly dose???- it beggars belief :wacko: