Sign in to follow this  
Hectorshouse

Local Paper Published My Response

Many thanks to those of you have already commented on T's story in the local rag, they have now publshed my response (thanks Phas for finding the link) on their website, please can I ask you again if you have time to add you comments. I'm trying to keep the pressure up so as the LEA have to give a response and hopefully a leading paper will pick it up (my contact at the times is following it at the moment).

HHxx

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNode....&folderPk=79957

HHxx (eternally grateful for all your support)

Thanks Phas for highlighting this, I've been rushed off my feet at work etc .. but I can add that the paper are publishing the comments in the paper so if anyone wants to continue to add to this debate it would great.

The sad thing I noticed was the lack of response from other parents in Devon, this isn't a criticism, more a reflection, in discussions with other parents there is this fear that if they say anything and add there name to their comments this will in some way affect the provision they have from the LEA i.e. they will be seen as a bulshy parent and have provision changed or ceased.

Thats what saddens me, that LEA's have the power to silence parents through fear, this is not democracy this is infact a dictatorship affect. The fact that the voices of parents and children are silenced this way in what is the 21st century has really had an effect on how I think about things, I did use to feel this, scared that if I rocked the boat I might come unstuck ... a case of don't sh*t in your own basket syndrom ... but actually I have come to realise that this is my right, and people as in the LEA are accountable. I don't relish the fact that I am No 1 pain in the ar*e parent in the eyes of the LEA but I no longer daunted by it, they now know I mean business, and now they have to follow everything they do with regard to T and myself very carefully, as the moment they act inappropriately I will bring it to a lot of peoples attention.

HHxx